Pantone announced that classic blue is the color of the year for 2020. Color experts say that this enduring blue hue instills calmness and confidence, highlighting one’s desire for a dependable and stable foundation as we usher in the new year.
KDG Interior’s principal interior designer Peaches de Guzman-Grey says that classic blue is very interesting because it symbolizes many things and gives an impression of stability and honesty which can be associated with many objects.
Incorporating this classic color in designing your home while employing the basics of interior decorating can help improve your quality of life. It helps one relax and de-stress after a long day.
De Guzman-Grey, whose designs and styling projects are featured regularly in various magazines and TV shows, shares her expert advice and tips on decorating homes with classic blue:
- Go back to basics. Before deciding on decorations, it is important to evaluate certain considerations such as your lifestyle. If your family has small children, it would be better if there are no sharp edges and there are rooms where they can play freely.
- Design according to functionality. It is also essential to design spaces according to the use of your area and rooms. Certain portions of the house used for specific tasks require details appropriate for it. That’s why if you are going to decide the specifics such as lighting and furniture, always consider the room’s function and if it will help you perform your tasks easily.
- Incorporate classic blue in places where you want to be relaxed. Grey says put it in rooms where you want to feel calm and relaxed. However, she also emphasizes that you need to be careful in putting it in places like the kitchen or dining room as blue is known to be an appetite suppressant.
- Use neutral colors and just inject classic blue as an accent. Use it for throw pillows, carpet, accent chairs, and other accessories for emphasis.
- Understand that designing is a process. If you have a preferred design, think about how the designs will work for you and do not just follow trends.
Thinking of buying a home? Check out RCBC’s Home Loan Plus and enjoy flexible payment terms of up to 20 years. It comes with an automatic fire insurance coverage from Malayan Insurance for the entire loan term with easy to pay, zero-percent monthly interest installment on fire insurance.
For more information, you may visit www.rcbc.com. Kathleen “Peaches” Grey is the principal interior designer of KDG Interiors, follow them on their Instagram page: KDG Interiors.