AboitizLand hits its quarter-of-a-century milestone with an expanding national presence. For well over two decades, the company has been redefining the real estate scene by initiating best practices across various markets.
Here are 10 things that continuously make AboitizLand’s innovative and sustainable communities stand out for 25 years strong:
1. Transformative beginnings. The company started as ACOLand with Cebu Industrial Park Developers, Inc. (CIPDI), a joint venture partnership between the Aboitiz Group and the Tsuneishi Group of Japan. As Cebu was undergoing rapid industrialization in the ‘90s, CIPDI began its premier project in 1992 — the 274-hectare West Cebu Industrial Park (WCIP) for ship-building and allied activities. Located in coastal Balamban, Cebu, the project transformed the area from fourth-class to a first-class municipality, boosting the skills and productivity of people while also providing communities with environmental and outreach assistance. The group’s next venture, the development of Mactan Export Processing Zone 2, quickly followed a year later.
2. Innovative real-estate strides. With its gains in the industrial field, the company was ready to fully realize its real estate potential. From developing simple subdivisions and industrial parks, it became officially known as AboitizLand in 2001, moving towards more innovative residential concepts. In its inaugural year, its five-hectare Mahogany Grove was sold out in 48 hours. The positive take-up resulted in more master-planned communities from the group’s portfolio. This includes the upscale North Town Homes, Pristina North, and Priveya Hills as well as nature-sensitive developments such as Foressa Mountain Town and Amoa.
3. Strategic expansion. Driven to go national, AboitizLand launched its first residential project outside Visayas — a 43-hectare beach community tucked within San Juan, Batangas. The exclusive Seafront Residences is master-planned by world-renowned planner DPZ Partners LLC with houses designed by Budji Layug + Royal Pineda Designs Architects Inc. Following this expansion effort, AboitizLand leverages on the potential of Central Luzon by introducing three Ajoya communities in key cities: Cabanatuan, Capas, and Pampanga. Through a joint venture with Point Blue, it is also set to enter Metro Manila with integrated micro-studios.
4. Pioneer of industrial-anchored townships. Having dominated the industrial property scene for decades, AboitizLand is now maximizing its full potential with commercial and residential components completing its existing industrial parks. AboitizLand is making its presence stronger in South Luzon, transforming its LIMA Estate into a fully-integrated township with The Outlets at Lipa, LIMA Exchange, and The Villages at Lipa to complement LIMA Technology Center. This new industry city further brims with promise, as BPOs, schools, and hotels are all set to rise within the estate, elevating the Lipa-Malvar community with a truly complete live-work-play experience.
5. Unique design philosophy. Inspired by the design philosophy of New Urbanism, AboitizLand’s residential projects have been warmly welcomed by the property seeking market. Their signature community-centered approach fosters safe, connected, and harmonious living spaces for raising families in safe and sustainable neighborhoods — ideal for property owners and their loved ones to commune, walk, bike, play, and live in well-distributed open spaces within a secure community.
6. Advocate of Filipino and Asian contemporary architecture. Pride in Fiipino culture and heritage shines through in AboitizLand’s developments, and this is most evident in the architectural style of its homes. Incorporating classic elements of the Filipino bahay na bato with features that suit the local climate and context, the houses sport an elegant and timeless feel that set them apart in the market.
7. Award-winning projects. Just last year, AboitizLand clinched the grand prize during The Outlook Awards: Philippine Buyers’ Choice Property Awards for Best House of the Year in VisMin with its residential community, Amoa in Compostela, Cebu. Inspired by the iconic bahay-na-bato, the project is set on rolling hills that provide striking views of nature. The company also earned multiple nominations as Best Developer in Luzon, Best Developer in VisMin, and Best Premium House for its Batangas beach community, Seafront Residences.
8. World-class recreational spaces. Taking retail shopping up a notch, AboitizLand introduced the first outlet shopping mall in Cebu. The Outlets at Pueblo Verde in Lapu-lapu City redefined the commercial scene with year-round discounts and a plethora of dining options. Bringing the same concept to Luzon, The Outlets at Lipa was launched in 2018 and has since evolved into the latest lifestyle destination featuring the Aboitiz Pitch. The artificial turf conforms to FIFA and AFC standards with 1,500 seating capacity and is built to withstand high-intensity matches like the Philippines Football League, which it hosted in 2019.
9. Driver of societal change. Geared to create a positive impact by advancing business and communities, AboitizLand pushes corporate social responsibility efforts. These span from waste management programs, purposive skills training workshops, to promoting holistic youth development through the long-running AboitizLand Football Cup. All initiatives are implemented within areas where AboitizLand developments are situated — fulfilling the Aboitiz brand promise by advancing the lives of the communities that host them, as they advance the interests of the business.
10. Sustainability champions. The company has always advocated for environmentally-sensitive planning and building approach for its communities — from residential neighbourhoods designed to respect the lay of the land, to nurturing a pawikan sanctuary at Seafront Residences. Taking things a step further, in 2017, AboitizLand established a partnership with the University of the Philippines Department of Environmental Sciences for a 5-year pawikan conservation and management plan in the area.
For over 25 years, AboitizLand has stayed true to its promise of creating better ways to live through its industrial, residential, and commercial communities. It now looks to further expand its reach by continuing to develop innovative and fully-integrated communities in more locations across the Philippines.
A subsidiary of the Aboitiz Group, it is built on a firm foundation with a hundred-year heritage of advancing business and communities. For more information about AboitizLand, visit www.aboitizland.com.